Spinach and Pecan Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
You will be pleasantly surprised how bright and clean a homemade salad dressing can be!
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1 (6 ounce) package fresh baby spinach
- 4 radishes, stems removed
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes or halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vegan Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place pecans on a baking pan and cook for 8 minutes in the oven. Allow to cool.
- Divide spinach evenly among six plates. Cut radishes into fourths or slice thinly and arrange on top of spinach. Top with tomatoes and pecans.
- In a measuring cup, whisk together lemon juice, mustard, salt, and pepper. Slowly whisk in olive oil. Drizzle dressing over each salad.
- Baby spinach is simply young spinach. It’s more tender than regular spinach and doesn’t require the stems to be removed.
- Toasting almost every kind of nut intensifies the flavor. Toast big batches of pecans and then freeze for later.
- The salad dressing comes together in a snap in the blender or a food processor. Dijon mustard holds the olive oil and lemon juice together so they do not separate quickly.
- Lemon juice brightens up this dish so that less salt is needed.
For recipes and more: