Check out this great recipe for our yummy apple nachos!
- 2 apples of choice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 tbsp chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Canola spray
- Optional: 1 tbsp handful unsweetened shredded coconut
- Wash the apples.
- Cut around the apple cores.
- Cut the apple chunks into 1/4 inch slices.
- Cut and squeeze a lemon into a small bowl. Use a spoon to remove the lemon seeds.
- Place the apple slices in a large bowl with the lemon juice.
- Use tongs to toss and coat the apple slices in the lemon juice.
- Heat your peanut butter just until warmed and runny.
- Lay your apple slices in a single layer on a large plate. Drizzle the peanut butter on the apples.
- Add your toppings.
Interested in more recipes, cooking and exercise videos? Or Sign Up for our Food Talk eNewsletter and find out if you are eligible for online classes.
Recipe inspired by the Simple Veganista | Video by Jennifer Denson | Video team includes Laurel Sanville MS, RDN, LD, Darci Bell RDN, LD, Taylor Newman, Ph.D. Candidate, and Danielle Anthony
For recipes and more: