Perfect for a sweet energy boost any time of day. This simple recipe is a perfect opportunity to get the kids involved in the kitchen.
Makes 12 cookies
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup rolled oats (quick or old fashioned)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put peeled banana in a large bowl and use the back of a spoon or fork to press down until the bananas are well mashed.
- Add oats and cinnamon, stir well.
- Cover baking tray with parchment or spray with non-stick spray. Drop rounded spoonfuls of the batter onto the prepared tray.
- Bake for 15 -18 minutes. Remove from oven to cool for 5 minutes. Enjoy!
- Even young children can help! Put peeled bananas in a reseal-able bag. Little hands can squeeze the bag until bananas are well mashed and ready for the mixing bowl.
- Optional add-ins: 1 small handful raisins, pecans, or sesame or chia seeds.
- Parchment or baking paper makes clean up simple.
Recipe adapted by Laurel Sanville, MS, RDN, LD