A side dish that will go with just about anything!
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided (or any vegetable oil)
- 1 teaspoon honey (can replace with equal sugar)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grainy Dijon mustard (or any mustard)
- 1 tablespoon dried basil or Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 large carrots, sliced into coins
- 1 can low-sodium chickpeas, drained and rinsed
Optional: top with fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Mix carrots, chickpeas, and 1 tablespoon of oil and add to baking sheet
- Roast for 25-30 minutes, turning halfway
- Mix dressing ingredients together in a small bowl
- Pour dressing over roasted carrots and chickpeas in a large bowl and stir to evenly coat the vegetables
- Let mixture sit for 10 minutes for best flavor, serve, and enjoy!
- Make ahead: the carrots, chickpeas, and dressing can be made in advance and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator!
- This recipe is particularly good served warm over a bed of your favorite salad greens.