These quesadillas are super simple, colorful, and cheesy. Try adding your own colorful vegetables to this appetizer.
- 8 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 flour tortillas (6″ across)
- 1 large sweet red pepper
- 1 cup shredded low-fat cheese
- 2 cups spinach leaves (fresh, or 9 oz. frozen, thawed, and squeezed dry)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Gently rub red pepper and fresh spinach under running water. Pat spinach leaves dry with paper towels.
- Take out seeds, stem and ribs of red pepper and cut remaining pepper into small pieces.
- In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese and garlic powder.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture on each tortilla.
- Sprinkle about 2 tablespoons bell pepper and 2 tablespoons cheese on one half of each tortilla.
- Add spinach: 1/4 cup if using fresh leaves OR 2 Tablespoons if using frozen. Fold tortillas in half.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat until hot. Put 2 folded tortillas in skillet and heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Remove quesadillas from skillet, place them on the platter, and cover with foil to keep warm while cooking the remainder.
- Cut each quesadilla into 4 wedges. Serve warm.
- Add chicken and/or black beans for additional protein.
- Try corn, tomatoes and cilantro for tasty optional add-ins.
Can’t get enough quesadillas? Try our Fiesta Quesadillas– these are both sure to be family favorites.
 Colorful Quesadillas, USDA MyPlate