This salsa is the perfect topping for chicken or pork, and it is so light and fresh when paired with whole wheat pita chips or crackers!
- 2 cups peeled and chopped peaches
- 3/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup seeded, chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- Combine all ingredients, cover, and refrigerate for several hours, stirring occasionally.
- To peel peaches: drop peach into a pot of boiling water for 10-20 seconds or until the skin splits. Remove peaches and place immediately in an ice water bath to stop the cooking process. Use a paring knife to peel skin.
- This salsa is also great with other fruit! We love swapping the peaches for mangoes.