Festive Tuna Salad
Creamy and crunchy, this protein-packed tuna salad is perfect for your next party. Scoop it into a lettuce leaf for a refreshing meal!
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon tarragon (optional)
- 1 can (12 ounce) white tuna, packed in water, drained
- ¾ cup red seedless grapes (about 25 grapes) or ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup chopped celery (about 2 stalks)
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups chopped lettuce or 2-3 large lettuce leaves (optional)
- Combine light mayonnaise and yogurt in medium bowl.
- Add tarragon (if using) and tuna. Break up tuna into small pieces with a fork.
- Rinse grapes and cut in half on clean cutting board. Add to tuna.
- Add chopped celery and chopped pecans to tuna.
- Mix all ingredients well with a spoon.
- Serve on a bed of chopped lettuce or lettuce leaves.
- Remember to rinse your fruits and vegetables with cool running water before chopping. This will get rid of the dirt and bacteria.
- We like using plain Greek yogurt in place of some mayonnaise for half the fat and double the protein. Regular nonfat plain yogurt can be substituted for the Greek yogurt.
- Instead of tarragon, try dill or parsley. Lemon juice is also a great way to add flavor!
- Try serving this dish in a scooped out cucumber boat or avocado.
Interested in more recipes, cooking and exercise videos? Or Sign Up for our Food Talk eNewsletter and find out if you are eligible for online classes.
For recipes and more: