Mixed Fruit Crisp
This recipe is as pretty as it is tasty! We love that this crisp has easy-to-enjoy fiber from the fruit, whole wheat flour, and old-fashioned oats, which all help keep us fuller for longer!
- 7 cups frozen fruit medley, thawed
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons chilled, unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- Place an oven rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl, mix fruit, sugar, all-purpose flour, and cornstarch.
- Spray a 9×9-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Pour fruit mixture into the baking dish.
- In another medium bowl. combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Mix in batter until crumbly.
- Sprinkle oat mixture evenly over fruit mixture.
- Bake until topping is golden brown, about 45 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Any fresh or frozen fruit can be substituted to make up the 7 cups of fruit.
- Do not throw away over-ripe fruit! Clean, chop, and freeze in a resealable bag for use in recipes like this one.
Interested in more recipes, cooking and exercise videos? Or Sign Up for our Food Talk eNewsletter and find out if you are eligible for online classes.
For recipes and more: