Chopped tomatoes, bell peppers, and cucumbers combine with cannellini (white) beans, almonds, and a simple vinaigrette, for a delicious and satisfying salad.
For the vinaigrette:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon tomato basil garlic seasoning blend, no-salt
For the bean salad:
- 1/2 cup almond slivers
- 2 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 cans cannellini (white) beans (14.5 oz, no-salt-added, drained and rinsed)
- Large lettuce leaves (Boston, Bibb, or romaine)
- Whisk together dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- In a small sauté pan, toast almond slivers until golden.
- Remove from pan and let cool.
- In a medium bowl, toss dressing with all ingredients except lettuce.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To serve, place lettuce leaves on individual plates; top with salad.
- Try this recipe with a slice of toasted whole-grain bread.
- Don’t have cannellini beans? No worries. Garbanzo or great northern beans would work well too!
Recipe source: USDA MyPlate