This is the perfect pick-me-up after a long day or for an easy breakfast on-the-go!
- 3 cups frozen strawberries (or fresh)
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 2 frozen ripe bananas
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Add yogurt and milk to the blender first
- Add in strawberries, spinach, bananas, and cinnamon
- Blend until smooth
- Yogurt can be switched with silken tofu for a thicker smoothie.
- To make this vegan, pair the tofu option with your choice of rice milk, soy milk, or almond milk in place of skim milk.
- Frozen spinach can be substituted for the fresh: thaw desired amount, squeeze out liquid, roughly chop, and add to blender.
- Try adding 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, milled flax seed, or chia seeds for added flavor!