Check out this great recipe for our yummy apple nachos!
- 2 apples of choice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 tbsp chocolate chips (mini-chips work great)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Canola spray
- Optional: 1 tbsp handful unsweetened shredded coconut
- Wash the apples.
- Cut around the apple cores.
- Cut the apple chunks into 1/4 inch slices.
- Cut and squeeze a lemon into a small bowl. Use a spoon to remove the lemon seeds.
- Place the apple slices in a large bowl with the lemon juice.
- Use tongs to toss and coat the apple slices in the lemon juice.
- Heat your peanut butter until warmed and runny.
- Lay your apple slices in a single layer on a large plate. Drizzle the peanut butter on the apples.
- Add your toppings.
Recipe inspired by the Simple Veganista | Video by Jennifer Denson
The video team includes Laurel Sanville MS, RDN, LD, Darci Bell RDN, LD, Taylor Newman, Ph.D. Candidate, and Danielle Anthony