Cucumber, Tomato, & Onion Salad
Fresh and bursting with flavor, this salad is a great way to use up the summer harvest.
- 1 large cucumber (peeled if waxed), chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small red onion, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar or lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or other vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper, each
- Combine cucumbers, tomatoes, onion, and feta in a large bowl
- Combine vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper into a bowl and mix well
- Pour vinegar and oil mixture over salad and toss gently to combine
- Let salad marinate for at least 10 minutes for added flavor!
- Add 1 teaspoon cumin, 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic, and/or a can of any beans for added flavor, protein, and fiber! For a Mediterranean flavor, add oregano and basil.
- Feta cheese comes in many varieties–for a creamier texture, look for a cheese made with cow’s milk. For easy prep, buy feta crumbles.
- Add chopped bell peppers for crunch or jalapeños for spice
For recipes and more: