This lighter version of a southern classic is sure to be a hit with the whole family.
3 large sheets graham crackers
1 tablespoon soft margarine
1 can peaches in juice or light syrup (15 oz.)
1 1⁄2 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- Place graham crackers in zip top plastic bag or between two pieces of foil and crumble, using the unopened can of peaches as a rolling pin.
- Melt margarine.
- Add graham cracker crumbles and sugar to melted margarine and stir to mix.
- Open can of peaches and drain off liquid.
- Heat peaches until warm, 1-2 minutes.
- Pour 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt in each of 3 small (1 cup) bowls.
- Top each bowl with 1/3 of warm peaches.
- Top peaches with 1/3 of graham cracker crumbles and serve.
- Follow steps of recipe, but melt margarine at half power (5) in the microwave, about 20 seconds.
- Heat peaches in microwave-safe bowl, about 1 minute. Stir. Check to be sure peaches are not too hot before serving to children.
1/2 cup dairy
1/2 cup fruit
1 oz. whole grains
For recipes and more: