Fresh zucchini mixed with Italian flavors and topped with cheese makes for a quick and easy meal!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 4 medium zucchini (trimmed and sliced)
- 1 can stewed tomatoes, low sodium
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Italian herbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
1. Heat oil in a skillet.
2. Add onion and zucchini; stir-fry for about 1 minute.
3. Add tomatoes, Italian herbs, and pepper and bring to a boil.
4. Cover and steam 4 to 5 minutes or until zucchini is still slightly crisp, or to desired tenderness.
5. Sprinkle cheese on top and allow to melt slightly.
- Any type of summer squash can be substituted for the zucchini: yellow squash, yellow zucchini, pattypan, and zephyr are just a few.
- Feel free to add a clove or two of minced garlic to the pan or a dash of garlic powder at the end.
- When your garden is overrun with zucchini, this is a nice way to use up some of Summer’s bounty.
For recipes and more: