Inspired by the Mediterranean diet, this simple entrée stands alone as a quick, family-friendly meal. Pair it with a simple green salad to fill out your plate.
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole grain elbow pasta (6oz prepared according to package instructions)
- 2 cans diced tomatoes (14.5-ounce cans with juice, no salt added)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1/2 tsp)
- 1 can white beans (15oz can reduced-sodium, rinsed and drained)
- 1 5-6oz package baby spinach
- 1⁄2 cup finely crumbled feta cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, bring the tomatoes, oregano, garlic, and beans to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Add spinach and cooked pasta, simmer for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Top with feta. Serve hot. Enjoy!
- Kids can help by tearing up the spinach leaves or
rinsing and draining the beans.
- Frozen spinach can be substituted for the fresh.
- No fresh garlic? Substitute 1/8 teaspoon powdered
garlic for each clove of fresh.
For recipes and more: