Also called Cowboy Caviar, this homemade dip will spice up your next gathering!
- 1 can black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed (15.5 oz.)
- 1⁄3 cup diced green onions
- 1⁄3 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon canola or vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt-free seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Rinse black-eyed peas into a colander and then pour into medium bowl.
- Rinse green onion. Cut off ends. Slice into thin pieces to make 1/3 cup. Add to black-eyed peas.
- Rinse bell pepper. Place on cutting board. Cut off the top. Remove seeds inside. Dice into small pieces. Add to black-eyed pea mixture.
- Rinse tomato. Remove stem and core. Dice into small pieces. Add to black-eyed pea mixture.
- Rinse cilantro. Remove stems. Chop leaves into small pieces. Add to black-eyed pea mixture.
- Combine lime juice, oil, salt-free seasoning, and black pepper in small bowl. Stir well.
- Pour lime juice mixture over black-eyed pea mixture in medium bowl. Stir well.
- Serve as a salad or with baked flour tortilla chips.
1/2 cup vegetables
For recipes and more: