Baked Flour Tortilla Chips
Try these healthier tortilla chips with zesty sauce or Southern Salsa.
4 whole grain wheat or corn tortillas (soft taco size, about 7″)
1 teaspoon canola or vegetable oil
1⁄8 teaspoon salt, garlic powder, or chili powder (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place flour tortillas on cutting board.
- Drizzle oil evenly over tortillas. Use back of a spoon to spread oil evenly over tortillas. If desired, sprinkle lightly with optional topping.
- With pizza cutter or knife, cut each tortilla into 8 triangles, like a pizza.
- Spread tortilla wedges in one layer on 1-2 baking sheets.
- Bake until slightly light brown on edges (about 4 minutes). Most of the wedge will remain white. Check often to avoid burning.
- Use a pot holder to remove baking sheets from oven. Place hot baking sheets on a cooling rack or pot holders (not directly on a countertop).
Best if eaten right away.
1 oz. grains
For recipes and more: