Slow Cooker Chicken Dinner
This hearty chicken dinner practically cooks itself. Just throw everything in the crockpot and you’ll have a delicious dinner in just a few hours.
- 2 onions, sliced
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 6 small red potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices (about 1 pound)
- 1 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Thyme
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (see notes section for how to mince garlic)
- 3⁄4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs, skinned
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Coat slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Place onion in slow cooker. Place carrots and potatoes on top of onion.
- In a bowl, mix broth, thyme, minced garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Pour over vegetables.
- In a small bowl, mix paprika, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Rub over chicken.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to the pan and swirl to coat. Add chicken. Cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Arrange chicken on top of vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 1/2 hours or until chicken is done and vegetables are tender.
For recipes and more: