Did you know that you can enjoy apricots year-round? It’s true! Fresh, frozen, canned, or dried: all forms count.
Fresh apricots are typically in season in the spring and summer.  However, frozen and dried apricots are especially popular in fall and winter dishes. From jams to pies to fruit cakes and more, apricots are essential for holiday cooking.
Note: When purchasing dried apricots, check the packaging to make sure that there are no added sugars. This fruit doesn’t need any help satisfying your sweet tooth!
Here are some of our favorite ways to enjoy apricots:
- Make your own trail mix by combining dried apricots, whole-grain cereals, and nuts.
- Increase your veggie intake by whipping up this Apricot and Blue Cheese Spread recipe and dipping in celery, carrots, or cherry tomatoes. You could also pair this spread with whole-grain crackers for a well-balanced mid-day snack.
- Purchase frozen apricots at the grocery store, and you’ll be prepared the next time you crave a cool treat. Just add a splash of orange juice and water and blend until smooth.
- Dice up a fresh apricot or slice a dried one and toss it in a salad.
- Simply slice a fresh apricot and enjoy!
- Fresh or dried, apricots are a great topping option for overnight oats.
- Did someone say sweet and savory? Apricots pair well with many different flavors. If you have to taste it to believe it, we recommend starting with these recipes:
Written by Darci Bell, RDN, LD | Edited by Nutrition Team
References:Be Creative Drink Water Focus on Health How to Cook Better Invite Your Kids Plan Ahead Save Money Shop Smarter Store Food Uncategorized