This soup is rich with sweet corn and soft potatoes–and just a hint of spice from the jalapeno peppers!
- 6 cups (6 medium) potatoes, cut into 1-inch dice
- 2 cans (15.5 ounce) corn, no salt added, drained
- 2 jalapenos, deseeded and sliced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups chicken broth, 30% less sodium
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (optional)
- minced chives (optional)
- hot sauce to taste
- Place the potatoes, corn, jalapenos, salt, cumin, oregano, coriander, garlic powder, and stock in a large slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Scoop out some of the potatoes and place in a large bowl. Add the skim milk and mash with a fork or potato masher until potatoes are almost smooth.
- Return the potatoes to the pot and add the lime juice (if using).
- Add chives and hot sauce to taste.
- For a spicier soup, add more jalapenos or a pinch of crushed red pepper.
- Frozen corn can be substituted for the canned. Check the label to make sure you choose frozen corn with no added salt.