This quick chili features ground beef simmered with onion, tomatoes, beans, and seasonings. This easy homemade chili is ready in 15 minutes!
- 1 cup fresh or frozen chopped onions
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 can stewed tomatoes (28 oz.)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 2 cans pinto, kidney, black or Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed (16 oz.)
- Wash hands with warm water and soap. Wash fresh vegetables before preparing.
- Peel off the outer layer of the onion and chop.
- In a large pot, brown beef with chopped onions on medium heat.
- Add tomatoes and chop tomatoes with a spoon, breaking them into small pieces.
- Add seasonings and salsa to beef mixture.
- Stir in drained, rinsed beans.
- Cook until hot and serve immediately.