Taco Tuesday never tasted so good! These vegan tacos are a fun and healthy hand-held dish that will satisfy your spicy food craving in a big way.
Serves 4, two tacos each
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into bite-size florets
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 cup coleslaw mix (shredded green/purple cabbage and carrots)
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach, rough chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 4 tablespoons salsa (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix the oil, hot sauce, and vinegar to a small bowl and set aside.
- Rinse the cauliflower florets and drain, leaving the cauliflower pieces slightly wet. Set aside.
- Combine the flour, garlic powder, and onion powder in a large bowl and mix well. Add the wet cauliflower florets; toss until the pieces are thoroughly coated. Transfer coated cauliflower to a colander to shake off any excess flour and return them to the bowl. Add hot sauce mixture. Toss until the florets are very well coated.
- Spread coated cauliflower in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until tender and slightly crispy. Remove cauliflower from oven.
- Fill each taco with buffalo cauliflower, shredded cabbage, spinach, and green onions.
- Divide salsa equally over the tacos if using. Enjoy!
- Want something other than tacos? Use the filling in a wrap or hoagie roll. Try adding the buffalo cauliflower to pizza as a new topping, or puree the buffalo cauliflower and serve as a dip with celery sticks.
- Don’t like hot sauce? Use barbecue sauce instead!
Nutrition facts panel for the Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos