This moist muffin will satisfy all your chocolate and pumpkin cravings. The secret ingredient is canned (or pureed) pumpkin that binds the ingredients together for a tasty, satisfying treat.
Makes 24 muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 can pumpkin, pureed
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Whisk all the dry ingredients together. Add pumpkin and water.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Divide batter into 24 prepared muffin tins and bake at 350°F for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Interested in more pumpkin or chocolate recipes? Try our breakfast pumpkin cookies:
- OR try our chocolate zucchini mug cake for one!
- Learn more about pumpkin.
- For more whole grains, make this recipe with one cup whole wheat flour and one cup all-purpose flour.
- For a slightly less moist muffin, put the canned pumpkin in a bowl and pat it dry before adding it to the dry ingredients.
Recipe source: Michigan State University Extension – Midland County. With Veggies, More Matters!