Creamy and crunchy, this protein-packed tuna salad is perfect for your next party. Scoop it into a lettuce leaf for a refreshing meal!
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon tarragon (optional)
- 1 can (12 ounce) white tuna, packed in water, drained
- ¾ cup red seedless grapes (about 25 grapes) or ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup chopped celery (about 2 stalks)
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups chopped lettuce or 2-3 large lettuce leaves (optional)
- Combine light mayonnaise and yogurt in medium bowl.
- Add tarragon (if using) and tuna. Break up tuna into small pieces with a fork.
- Rinse grapes and cut in half on clean cutting board. Add to tuna.
- Add chopped celery and chopped pecans to tuna.
- Mix all ingredients well with a spoon.
- Serve on a bed of chopped lettuce or lettuce leaves.
- Remember to rinse your fruits and vegetables with cool running water before chopping. This will get rid of the dirt and bacteria.
- We like using plain Greek yogurt in place of some mayonnaise for half the fat and double the protein. Regular nonfat plain yogurt can be substituted for the Greek yogurt.
- Instead of tarragon, try dill or parsley. Lemon juice is also a great way to add flavor!
- Try serving this dish in a scooped out cucumber boat or avocado.