Broccoli and tomatoes add color and flavor to this savory pasta dish. This recipe would also be great with spaghetti or linguine pasta!
Makes 4 servings
- 6 ounces fettucini noodles, uncooked
- 3 tablespoons green onion, chopped (also called scallions)
- 2 cups broccoli florets, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme, dried (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can stewed tomatoes, low-sodium (14.5 ounce)
- 2/3 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook noodles according to package instructions (do not include oil or salt), and drain.
- Spray a medium skillet with non-stick cooking spray; stir-fry onion and broccoli for 3 minutes over medium heat.
- Add seasonings (but not the Parmesan cheese) and tomatoes; simmer until heated through.
- Spoon vegetable mixture over noodles and top with Parmesan cheese.
- Pair this hearty pasta with a salad for dinner.
- Want more Italian recipes? Try our easy eggplant sliders or our rustic rotini with tomatoes and beans!
Recipe source: California Department of Health Services, Discover the Secret to Healthy Living, California 5-a-Day—For Better Health! Campaign