Use your microwave to have this recipe ready to enjoy in minutes!
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Pepper to taste
- Add 1/4 cup of water to a large microwave-safe bowl
- Place sweet potatoes that have been poked with a fork in the bowl and microwave on high for 6 minutes or until soft, flipping halfway through cook time. Depending on microwave strength, additional cook time may be needed.
- Cut cooked sweet potatoes in half and scoop flesh into a bowl. Add remaining ingredients and mash until smooth. Serve warm.