Kids can help make this yummy dessert! Peaches are a delicious filling for these pies any time of day!
- 4 (8 inch)flour tortillas
- 2 medium peaches, pears, or apples
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 teaspoons brown sugar (packed)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- sugar (optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Warm tortillas in microwave or oven to make them easier to handle.
- Gently rub fruit under running water.
- Peel and chop fruit into pieces.
- Place 1/4 of the fruit on half of each tortilla.
- In a small bowl, stir together brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Sprinkle over fruit.
- Roll up the tortillas, starting at the end with the fruit.
- Place tortillas on an greased baking sheet and make small slashes to allow steam to escape. Brush with milk and sprinkle with additional sugar, if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees in oven for 8-12 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Serve warm or cool.
- This easy snack helps work fruit into a daily diet. Tortillas, with a variety of toppings, make great snack builders.
- Safety Tip: Allow pie to cool slightly before tasting – the steam and sugar can burn.
Recipe source: MyPlate.gov