Roasting in the oven is one of our favorite ways to cook up flavorful and tender foods. This roasted potatoes and vegetables dish is no exception. We see this recipe quickly becoming a family favorite!
Makes 4 servings
- 2 pounds red potatoes (approximately 4 cups or about 12 potatoes)
- 1 large yellow or sweet onion
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Move oven rack to middle of oven, preheat oven to 425-degrees Fahrenheit.
- Thoroughly wash hands with soap and water.
- Thoroughly wash potatoes, onion, and bell pepper with a vegetable brush under running water.
- Cut red potatoes in 1-inch cubes and place in large bowl.
- Peel and cut onion into large slices. Add to potatoes.
- Remove the seeds and core of green bell pepper and cut into large strips. Add to potatoes and onions.
- Add paprika, Italian seasoning, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and oil to potato mixture. Stir to combine.
- In a large, oven-safe pan, add potato mixture and spread in an even layer.
- Place in oven uncovered, carefully flipping potatoes and vegetables occasionally. Roast approximately 20-30 minutes or until red potatoes are tender and easily pierced with a fork.
- Chili garlic sauce makes a great dipping sauce for these flavorful veggies.
- Most vegetables can be roasted in the oven, and the seasonings go well with almost anything. Try this recipe with other vegetables like carrots, broccoli florets, or zucchini squash!