3 Ingredient Cookies
Perfect for a sweet energy boost any time of day. This simple recipe is a perfect opportunity to get the kids involved in the kitchen.
Makes 12 cookies
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup rolled oats (quick or old fashioned)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put peeled banana in a large bowl and use the back of a spoon or fork to press down until the bananas are well mashed.
- Add oats and cinnamon, stir well.
- Cover baking tray with parchment or spray with non-stick spray. Drop rounded spoonfuls of the batter onto the prepared tray.
- Bake for 15 -18 minutes. Remove from oven to cool for 5 minutes. Enjoy!
- Even young children can help! Put peeled bananas in a reseal-able bag. Little hands can squeeze the bag until bananas are well mashed and ready for the mixing bowl.
- Optional add-ins: 1 small handful raisins, pecans, or sesame or chia seeds.
- Parchment or baking paper makes clean up simple.
Interested in more recipes, cooking and exercise videos? Or Sign Up for our Food Talk eNewsletter and find out if you are eligible for online classes.
Recipe adapted by Laurel Sanville, MS, RDN, LD
For recipes and more: