Let’s face it, we could all use pumpkin goodies a little early this year. Try baking these cookies the night before and enjoy a delicious treat on busy mornings!
Makes 48 cookies
- 1 3/4 cups pumpkin, pureed, cooked
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix pumpkin, brown sugar, eggs, and oil thoroughly.
- Blend dry ingredients and add to pumpkin mixture.
- Add raisins and nuts.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
- Learn more about pumpkins.
- Chopped apples, dried dates, or dried prunes could be used instead of raisins.
- Cookies freeze well so you can have some now and some later!
Recipe source: Oregon State University Cooperative Extension Service