A light and refreshing side dish to add to any meal!
- 1 small head cabbage
- 1 bell pepper, diced (if desired)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Cut up cabbage, pepper, and onion. Mix in a bowl.
2. Heat oil in frying pan. Add cabbage mixture and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add garlic powder and water. Cover pan.
4. When water comes to a boil, turn down heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add salt and black pepper. Stir and enjoy!
- This recipe can use any type of cabbage: green, purple, Savoy, Napa, or bok choy. The last two cook more quickly so watch your pan closely. Have fun experimenting!
- No matter what type of cabbage you buy, look for cabbage heads that feel heavy for their size and, except for Napa cabbage, have tightly packed leaves.
- Fresh garlic can be substituted for the powdered variety. Use 2-3 cloves garlic, minced, to substitute for the ½ teaspoon of garlic powder and add at the same step you would have added the powdered.
For recipes and more: