Also called Cowboy Caviar, this homemade dip will spice up your next gathering!
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) black-eyed peas
- 3 green onions
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 small tomato
- 1⁄2 bunch cilantro
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt-free seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Wipe top of black-eyed peas can with a damp paper towel and open. Rinse black-eyed peas into a colander and then pour into medium bowl.
- Gently rub green onions, bell pepper, tomato, and cilantro under cool, running water.
- Thinly slice green onions to make 1/3 cup. Dice the bell pepper and tomato. Chop cilantro (about ½ cup). Add the 1/3 cup green onions and all the bell pepper, tomato, and cilantro to black-eyed peas.
- Combine lime juice, oil, salt-free seasoning, and black pepper in small bowl. Stir well. Pour lime juice mixture over black-eyed pea mixture in medium bowl.
- Stir well and enjoy immediately or store in the refrigerator at or below 40-degrees Fahrenheit until ready to serve. Serve as a salad or with baked flour tortilla chips.