Light, sweet and refreshing. This salad tastes just as good as it looks!
- 1⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup non-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 package fresh baby spinach (5-6 oz.)
- 1 large head romaine lettuce (chopped)
- 1⁄2 quart fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1⁄3 small sweet onion (sliced thin)
- In a jar with a tight lid, combine the mayonnaise, yogurt, balsamic vinegar, milk, poppy seeds and honey. Shake well to combine.
- In a large salad bowl, combine spinach, romaine, strawberries, and onion.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat evenly.
- Any type of vinegar can be substituted for the balsamic vinegar.
- Romaine can be cut in ribbons without lettuce browning.
- Store unwashed lettuce in a bag up to 10 days in the fridge. Rinse and dry romaine lettuce thoroughly on paper towels. Once dried, refrigerate in a plastic bag for use within 3-5 days.