Turmeric is a bright, flavorful spice with anti-inflammatory properties, as well as other health benefits. Try this recipe for an easy way to incorporate turmeric into your diet and start off your day in color.
- Non-stick spray
- 5 ounces or ~3 1/2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1 ½ teaspoons ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs with the garlic powder, turmeric, and black pepper. Set aside.
- Coat a large skillet with non-stick spray and heat over medium heat. Add the spinach leaves and wilt for a few minutes. Leaves will look dark green and limp.
- Reduce heat to low and add egg mixture to the pan with the spinach. Stir continuously for 5-8 minutes until the scrambled eggs are fluffy and thoroughly cooked.
- Adding a splash of water to the skillet can keep the spinach leaves from sticking to the pan. A non-stick skillet will also help.
- Be patient- eggs cook best “low and slow”. Keep the heat on low, stirring occasionally for the best consistency.
- These eggs taste great served on your favorite whole-grain toast!
Nutrition facts panel for Turmeric Scrambled Eggs