This is the perfect pick-me-up after a long day or for an easy breakfast on-the-go!
- 3 cups frozen strawberries (or fresh)
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 2 frozen ripe bananas
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Add yogurt and milk to the blender first
- Add in strawberries, spinach, bananas, and cinnamon
- Blend until smooth
- Yogurt can be switched with silken tofu for a thicker smoothie.
- To make this vegan, pair the tofu option with your choice of rice milk, soy milk, or almond milk in place of skim milk.
- Frozen spinach can be substituted for the fresh: thaw desired amount, squeeze out liquid, roughly chop, and add to blender.
- Try adding 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, milled flax seed, or chia seeds for added flavor!
Interested in more recipes, cooking and exercise videos? Or Sign Up for our Food Talk eNewsletter and find out if you are eligible for online classes.
For recipes and more: