Harvest Kale Salad
Add some color to your meal with this delicious, bright, and flavorful salad!
- 6 cups kale, chopped without stems (about 1 bunch)
- 4 cups red cabbage, chopped (1/2 head)
- 2 green apples, chopped
- 8 slices turkey bacon
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- Remove kale from stems. Rinse and dry kale leaves, cabbage, and apples before cutting.
- Put chopped kale, cabbage and apples in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk together olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, and mustard. Pour over salad and toss to coat all ingredients.
- Cook turkey bacon and roughly chop. Sprinkle bacon over top of the salad and serve.
- Prep ahead! Rinse, dry, and chop cabbage and kale up to 3-5 days ahead. Store in fridge.
- Store any cleaned leftover kale and cabbage in the freezer to use in soups, stews or stir-frys.
160 calories, 11g fat, 7g protein, 3g fiber, 230mg sodium, 90% vitamin C, 40% vitamin A, 4% calcium, 6% iron
For recipes and more: