Eat your colors with this crunchy slaw recipe.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar (or white vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bag (16 ounces) 3 colored deli slaw mix
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped peanuts
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a small bowl, use a fork to mix the first four ingredients together to make the dressing.
- Put coleslaw mix into a medium bowl. Pour dressing on top; mix well.
- Let the slaw sit for at least 10 mins and up to 6 hours (in the refrigerator) so the vegetables begin to soften.
- Sprinkle peanuts on top prior to serving.
- Pro Tip: chop any large pieces of cabbage from the bagged slaw prior to adding the dressing.
- While this recipe uses bagged, prepared slaw to save time, it is easy to make your own. Cut a washed cabbage in half and put one half flat side down on a cutting surface. Use a sharp knife to cut the half into thin slices.
- Nice mix ins: a dash of garlic powder, soy sauce or hot sauce to the dressing; 2 chopped green onions, ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro, ½ cup shredded carrot, ½ cup chopped red or green bell pepper, or any chopped vegetable to the cabbage.