Watermelon Fruit Pizza is a fun way to eat fruit and can be enjoyed with any meal or for a snack.
- ¼ of a medium watermelon
- 6 ounces low-fat vanilla Greek yogurt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 banana
- Wash your hands with soap and water.
- Wash berries and banana under cold running water.
- Scrub watermelon with a clean vegetable brush under running water.
- Peel and slice banana into thin round pieces.
- Cut strawberries into thin slices.
- Mix cinnamon into yogurt (optional).
- Cut a whole watermelon in half then cut each half into two equal pieces. Slice one quarter into 6 equal wedges. (You will have 3 quarters of the watermelon left over to enjoy).
- Spread 2 tablespoons of yogurt evenly over each watermelon wedge.
- Add the fruit toppings (berries and banana) on top of the yogurt.
- Are you missing a fruit that this recipe calls for? No worries- This recipe is super flexible. You can use any fruit you have on hand to decorate the fruit pizza.
- Get the kids involved! Kids love to help decorate the watermelon with any fruit you have on hand.
- Choose a low-fat Greek yogurt that is less than 12 grams of added sugar. Any fruit flavored low-fat Greek yogurt may be used in place of vanilla yogurt.
- Cut leftover watermelon into small bite size pieces for a quick snack.
Posted on July 3, 2022